Security (SOC) Analyst
- Pay Rate: $40.00/hr – $55.00/hr
- Job Type: Contract-To-Hire
- Duration: 6-12+ Month Contract
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON W-2. NO C2C.
MUST BE ABLE TO COME IN FOR AN ON-SITE INTERVIEW IN SAN DIEGO, CA.
Our client, in San Diego, CA is seeking a Security (SOC) Analyst to act as the first line of defense for any suspected security incidents in their environment.
Must have prior SOC experience. Please do not apply, if you have not worked in a SOC previously.
- First responder to security event escalations via email, phone and ticket
- Perform intrusion analysis using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, log analysis and pattern analysis.
- Detect, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent industry experience (2+ years)
- SANS GCIA certification preferred, or relevant intrusion analysis experience
- 1+ years security analysis experience
- 1+ years of IT or networking experience required
- Basic Linux/Unix OS and Windows knowledge
- Firewall rule and policy fundamentals
- Network routing fundamentals
- Experience working with customers in a fast pace environment
- Quality and network security focused
- Knowledge of network packet analysts tools (tcpdump and wireshark)
- Basic troubleshooting
- SIEM experience such ArcSight, Splunk ES and Nitro
- Industry recognized professional certification such as GCIA , Security+, CCNA
- Past experience with or current understanding of government intelligence processes and systems
- Direct experience with Malware and analysis techniques and methodologies
- Basic understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
Integrated Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.