Staff Java Engineer
- Pay Rate: $160K – $180K + 20% Annual Bonus
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
My client, in San Diego, CA, has a Direct Hire opening for a Staff Java Software Engineer, who has a strong development and leadership background. The ideal candidate will have architectural and development experience with payment systems and integrating 3rd party payment platforms in a large scale eCommerce environment.
- 10+ years large scale programming and systems experience using Java.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience building scalable systems with low latency and high throughput, including operationalization and monitoring.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and implementation approaches.
- Hands-on development experience in architecting and building a data pipeline.
- Experience developing web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON).
- Experience with eCommerce and global payment processing systems.
- Experience integrating 3rd party acquiring platforms.
- Understanding of best practices used in building software within PCI requirements.
- Hands-on experience with different types of NoSQL data stores, messaging or pub-sub queuing systems.
- Experience leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
- Experience with AWS services (such as kinesis, elasticsearch, dynamodb, hbase, aurora).
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment with a team of highly engaged engineers.
- Contribute to architectural direction for large-scale commerce systems.
- Become a component owner who works both hands-on and provides technical oversight to others in order to implement interactive web-based services and commerce capabilities using sound technology choices.
- Maintain operational ownership of mission critical components running in the production environment.
- Become a subject matter expert and provide strong technical leadership and mentoring.
Integrated Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.