Windows/ Messaging Engineer
- Pay Rate: $60.00/hr – $77.00/hr
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: 6+ Months
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON W-2. NO C2C.
MUST BE ABLE TO COME IN FOR AN ON-SITE INTERVIEW IN SAN DIEGO, CA.
Our client, in San Diego, CA, is looking for a skilled Windows Systems Engineer, who has experience working on enterprise messaging solutions.
- Microsoft Exchange Architecture and Administration (5-7 years).
- Experience administering messaging in a medium/large enterprise environment (8,000+ users).
- Knowledge and experience with Messaging Gateway/Hygiene Products – e.g. Cisco Ironport, Proofpoint, etc.
- B. S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2016 and Exchange Online.
- Must have strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Experience in IT infrastructure services: SMTP, DNS, MX records, AD Trust Relationships, and TCP/IP.
- Must have email migration and retention experience.
- Must have PowerShell and .NET advanced scripting capabilities.
- Ability to establish best practices for monitoring and forecasting of system/application capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in presenting to both technical and management teams.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to lead technical meetings and discussions.
- Capable of effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with Agile and ITIL workflows and philosophies.
- Understanding of other infrastructure components including Networking, Network Load Balancing, various Operating Systems, SAN/NAS storage, x86 hardware, Single Sign-On solutions, and SaaS Operations (Office365).
- Microsoft Certifications are a plus (MCSE, MCP, etc.).
- Primary focus will be supporting client’s Enterprise Corporate Messaging environment, including Ironport.
- Secondary focus will be supporting the Hosting environment – hosting servers, DHCP, Nutanix, VMWare, File Share Services, print Services, System Center Suite, Distribution List Manager, IP Address Management, etc.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of all Messaging Platforms.
- Ensure thorough testing of solutions for functionality and compatibility.
- Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring to sustain and improve mobility service availability.
- Coordinate service/support needs with vendors, application support teams, and internal teams through effective partnership, collaboration and communication.
- Provide change request leadership for the deployment of application or infrastructure related changes.
- Provide Level 3 support for Microsoft Exchange and Outlook for end users, application and administration teams.
- You must be comfortable in addressing critical incidents.
- Participate in application troubleshooting and incident problem resolution with other infrastructure teams, including application, storage, network, and data center teams.
- Represent the team in change, incident and problem management calls and manage request queues.
- Maintain and define hardware, software, and configuration standards (Operational Runbooks and Playbooks).
- Partner with other Product Infrastructure teams to apply standards and policies relevant to operational excellence.
- Develop workflows, process and automation procedures.
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and escalate to management accordingly.
- Participate in on-call rotation (24/7 support for 1 week, on a 9 week cycle.).
Integrated Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.